Tameside UNISON Local Government Branch represent full-time and part-time staff who provide public services, although they may be employed in both the public and private sectors. Our members work in local government, schools, colleges and the voluntary sector.
We support our members by helping them to improve their working conditions in a number of ways.
- We help and advise individual members who are facing difficulties at work.
- We help our members to group together to campaign for improved working conditions.
- We represent members in negotiation with employers.
- We make sure our members get equal treatment and fair pay.
- We offer a wide range of benefits to our members, from free legal and welfare advice to offering big savings on services such as home insurance.
Your branch is run by a committee which consists of members elected annually to take on different roles. It’s people like you and your local UNISON stewards and officers who work together to win everyone a better deal.
Tameside Branch holds Branch Committee meetings and an Annual General Meeting, where people get elected to the branch committee and other UNISON structures. Stewards are automatically entitled to attend.
Get involved, together we are stronger.